Breast Augmentation (implant/ fat grafting) in Delhi
Breast Augmentation also called as “Augmentation Mammoplasty”, is a cosmetic surgery procedure done to increase the volume and contour of female breast. This procedure helps in restoring the breast harmony in relation to her overall body contour without any significant risk. This can be done using implants made of silicone or saline or by use of one’s own fat.
Indication of Breast Augmentation
- Small breast size in relation to overall body configuration
- Loss of breast volume post massive weight loss
- Deflated appearance of breast post pregnancy and lactation
- Asymmetry of breast visible prominently
Benefits of Breast Augmentation
- Restoring volume of breast making it more projected
- Improves cleavage
- Improve breast to hip ratio
- Boost your confidence and self esteem
Techniques of Breast Augmentation
- Implants: In this technique high quality silicone implants (US FDA approved) are used which are inserted beneath your breast tissue to increase the breast volume. Implants can either be placed below the chest muscle or above it. The decision regarding the correct placement of implant will be taken by your plastic surgeon according to your needs and tissue characteristics.
- Fat grafting/ Fat transfer: In this technique your own fat is used for volumizing the breast. The fat is aspirated by liposuction from the body areas having excess fat. The excess fat harvested is processed and used for injecting into the breast tissue. This process is therefore called as Autologous fat transfer. The main benefit of this procedure is that there in no insertion of any foreign body implant inside your body.
Breast Augmentation surgery is a short duration procedure and takes about 2 to 2.5 hrs. and is usually done under general anesthesia. Patient can usually be discharged on the same day.
Incisions Used: Placement of incision depends upon patient’s requirement and body structure.
- Inframammary incision
- Peri-areolar incision
- Axillary incision
Inframammary incision is the most commonly used incision. This is approximately 4-5 cm in length and is placed in the crease underneath your breast to make it unnoticeable. It further becomes invisible in due course of time.
- Immediately after surgery one can feel little pain and soreness in the chest region which usually settles down in couple of days. There might also be some swelling and redness which settles in 2 – 3 days time.
- You will be advised to wear a supportive bra immediately after your surgery which is to be continued for about 4-6 weeks which helps to maintain the contours.
- Though you can start you daily routine work within 2- 3 days but strenuous physical activities will have to be avoided for about 6-8 weeks.
- As the swelling keeps on reducing the breast continues to settle down in its final position.
Though the complication rates are minimal in this type of procedure but all surgeries are associated with some risk:
- Hematoma or Seroma (Fluid collection)
- Altered sensation
Implant specific Risk
- Implant rupture
- Implant infection
- Capsular contracture
- Interference in mammography due to implant in situ